May 18, 2010

Whole Wheat Breadcrumbs

Since many of my recipes call for whole wheat breadcrumbs, here is the pitifully simple way that I make them. I keep a bag of them ready to use in my freezer at all times.

Take the ends of a loaf of whole wheat bread (I use these because usually they are the rejects nobody wants to make a sandwich with) or regular sliced whole wheat bread. Toast the slices lightly in the toaster or layed out under the broiler in the oven. Take care not to burn them, but to lightly brown each slice on both sides.

Then leave them to cool and dry on racks in the kitchen overnight or just for a few hours. Tear them into pieces and food process them into crumbs. Store for later use in the freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Links

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...