September 1, 2010

It's 94 Degrees. Let's Talk Salad.

I am so sorry, but it is simply too hot to talk about anything cooked or baked.


Back away from the oven. That's it. Slowly now. Now open the refrigerator.

Didn't you just cool down about ten degrees?

You may think I'm a salad hater because I don't ever post about salads. This is not true: I love a good salad. I simply avoid posting about them because, well, I don't want to seem like a cooking cop-out. But last night, I happily, deliciously copped out.

You can do it, too! This salad is a wonderful and simple combination of fresh spinach leaves, sliced pitted kalamata olives, and big, salty hunks of fresh feta cheese. Whisk up some Greek dressing and scoop every bite up with fluffy pita bread.You can even toss in some cool cucumbers or sliced red onions.

Go ahead, get crazy. It's about the only thing you can do on a night this hot!


Recipe for Greek Dressing:
Whisk together 1 part red wine vinegar with 1 part olive oil. Whisk with some fresh lemon, salt, pepper, oregano and thyme to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Links

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...