July 6, 2010

Gemelli with Pesto & Cherry Tomatoes

A wonderful, bright and fresh tasting pasta salad for a summer's day! Though I know I made pesto last week and posted it, I ended up making some more when I was out in the Chicago area for the 4th of July and tossed it with some cute gemelli pasta and sliced cherry tomatoes.  Then, we brought it to a potluck.

basil

toasted pine nuts

Essential for the pesto! Plus lots of fresh squeezed lemon and good olive oil. Parmesan cheese and salt. 

I chose gemelli because they are just so adorable and fun to eat. I swear their lovely little twisted shape even makes them taste better.... 


Gemelli with Pesto & Cherry Tomatoes:
Ingredients:
1 recipe Basil Pesto
2 lbs. cherry tomatoes or variety heirloom tomatoes
2 lbs. Barilla Gemelli
salt

Directions:
Add the pasta to a large pot of boiling, generously salted water. Cook uncovered until al-dente. Meanwhile, slice each cherry tomato in half. Once the pasta is done, drain and rinse immediately with cold water. In a large bowl, toss the pasta well with the cherry tomatoes and pesto. Salt to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Links

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...